Suffered a Water Damage? What To Do Until Help Arrives.
When your commercial property suffers water damage, every second to recovery counts.
Commercial water damage can be especially devastating since more often than not, it affects more than just a single occupant of the building. It can lead to loss of income for businesses, and severe hardship for any employees if they cannot return to work for a period of time. For these reasons, and more, you need a clean-up and restoration company you can trust. SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is that company!
There are actions you can take to lessen the damage until our team arrives, thus saving money and time.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CLEAN WATER
- Shut off the water source if possible, or contact a qualified party to stop the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CONTAMINATED WATER
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
If water damage of any nature threatens your business, count on the professionals at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland to restore your properties to pre-disaster condition. Commercial water damage can be reversed and we’ll have you back in business in a flash, "Like it never even happened." Please call our office at 281-412-6211, or call Kimberly at 281-520-8197 any time of the day or night for assistance. We are proudly ranked as of one of the leading commercial restoration companies in the nation.