EMERGENCY WATER DAMAGE TIPS:
When fire and water damage take control of your life,
we help you take it back.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Don’t enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Don’t use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Was Your Business Smoke-Damaged?
We respond to commercial fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day
Commercial businesses rely on us to remove smoke odor.
SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland invests heavily in specialized equipment to efficiently restore smoke damage in properties like yours. Depending on the type of fuel burned and the severity of the smoke damage, we may use one or a combination of the following types of equipment:
Air Scrubber or Filter
Heating, ventilation, air conditioning system (HVAC) air scrubber or a high-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA) air purifier is useful for capturing larger smoke molecules. There will still be some residual odor from smaller molecules or surface residues.
This is a fast and highly effective smoke odor restoration method. These machines emit ozone, which follows the same paths through the air as smoke and oxidizes any residual traces in the air or on surfaces.
Thermal fogging is an intensive treatment involving fogging machines. After people evacuate, smoke cleaning professionals fill a structure with petroleum distillates that neutralize odors and ventilate the area.
A hydroxyl generator relies on ultraviolet light to generate hydroxyl radicals that eliminate smoke odors.
Vapor modification is another odor elimination method that relies on aromatic compounds and a blower or fan to neutralize smoke odor.
When you need fire damage restoration services for your business or home, SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland is Here to Help. ® Call us at (281) 412-6211!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.
Electrical Fire in Your Home?
We restore fire damage.
SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearlandhas been restoring fire damage for homeowners and businesses for over twenty years. Here are someelectrical safety tipsfrom the National Fire Protection Association:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician
- Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time
- Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet. Extension cords and plug strips should not be used.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) shut off electricity when a dangerous condition occurs. Consider having them installed in your home.
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) to reduce the risk of shock. GFCIs shut off an electrical circuit when it becomes a shock hazard. They should be installed inside the home in bathrooms, kitchens, garages, and basements. All outdoor receptacles should be GFCI protected.
- Test AFCIs and GFCIs once a month according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use. Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets, so you don’t have to use extension cords.
When you needfire restoration servicesfor your home or business,SERVPRO® of Friendswood/PearlandisHere to Help. ®Call us at (281) 412-6211. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises areIndependently Owned and Operated.
Restoring Your Commercial Property After A Water Damage
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland was called in to clean up the aftermath! The owner was thrilled with our service.
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events in commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
It's easy to schedule service for your home or business. Just call us at 281-412-6211.
Newsletter & Contest!
WIN A $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD. Check out our Newsletter!
The Restoration Report
??Win a $25 Amazon Gift Card??
Check it out!
WIN A $25 AMAZON GIFT CARD
- Complete the PUZZLE form.
- Email or fax the completed form to: Kimberly@SERVPROpearland.com or fax 281-412-6212
- You will be automatically entered into a drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
**Drawing will be held on Jan. 7th**PRINT THE PUZZLE! As your local SERVPRO Sales Manager I am excited to work with you. We offer competitive bids and also have a construction side to our business. Please have your staff and customers call me directly 24/7 at 281-520-8197. Why SERVPRO? Residential & Commercial Services:
After the fire...
You may feel stressed and confused after such a disaster, and you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis.
There are several problems that a fire in your home or business leaves behind even after the immediate danger has passed. It is often the case that a thorough cleaning of walls, ceilings, carpeting, woodwork, and flooring will need to be professionally done. There are also several steps that can be taken in order to prevent further damage until SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland arrives on the scene. The chances of an effective restoration will be boosted by reducing damage by following a few tips:
- Try to keep movement in the home to a minimum. Soot can become ingrained in the upholstery or carpeting from repeated movement in the home.
- Use old towels or linens to cover up high traffic carpeted areas and upholstery.
- If the power is off, empty the refrigerator and freezer of all contents and prop open the door to help prevent unpleasant smells.
- Be mindful of what you are touching. Your hands can become soiled with soot and that can be transferred to other items in the home.
- If you can immediately wipe all the soot off sink faucets and metal window molding, then coat with petroleum jelly to prevent the soot from pitting the metal surfaces.
Following just a few of these steps can be a game changer in the restorability of your home and personal items. SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is here to help you through a catastrophe that is a fire loss. If you suffer a fire or smoke damage, remember we are your fire restoration experts backed by years of experience and a team of knowledgeable individuals.
We Are Certified Experts!
We are able to detect moisture without damaging any walls or ceilings with our state of the art infrared cameras and moisture detection meters.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland has been an IICRC certified firm for the past several years. And for nearly five decades, The Institution of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification stands at the forefront teaching trailblazing knowledge required to tackle complex jobs and return normalcy from chaotic environments. They provide the most comprehensive and advanced technical information in the industry. They allow companies like SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland to advance their education and stay ahead of the competition with several IICRC certification options:
- Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD) is a course designed to teach the effective, efficient, and timely drying of water-damaged structures and contents. It uses comprehensive classroom and hands-on training, in order to facilitate appropriate decision making within a restorative drying environment.
- Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT) is a course to teach the art and science of carpet cleaning to professional service providers, as well as others in the related industry. Emphasis is placed on the following: practical application, identifying fiber, carpet constructions, style types and finishes, soiling conditions, cleaning science and methodology. This course also covers pre-inspection, basic cleaning chemicals and equipment, and proper cleaning technique.
- Commercial Drying Specialist (CDS) is a course to teach damage inspection and evaluation, workflow management, and process administration. The course also teaches the technical methods of effective and timely drying.
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT) is a course with a concentration on technical procedure for successfully completing the restoration of a fire and smoke damaged environment. Students will learn how to combine technical procedures with practical approach to managing the job site. These concepts will then teach the students how pricing of the job is created.
- Trauma and Crime Scene Technician (TCST) is a course designed to review the process for inspecting and investigating crime and trauma scenes. This may involve blood and other potentially infectious material. The course will focus on the procedures to follow as well as the precautions that must be taken in such an environment.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT) is designed to teach restoration personnel that perform remediation work to give them a better concept of water damage, effects, and techniques for drying of structures. This course gives the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold.
If your home or business is faced with a disaster such as a flood or fire, we are the certified experts who have been properly trained to know exactly what to do. Let SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland apply quality solutions to any type of damage you experienced. We are the 24-hour emergency service and can quickly respond whenever the service is needed. To contact our office for service or any questions call (281) 412-6211.
Flood Damage Overview
If your home experiences any flooding or another water issue, SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is here to dry, clean and repair any damage.
Ways Flooding Can Damage Homes
Foundational Damage. When a flood saturates the soil the home’s foundation is built on, parts of it can become raised. This can lead to cracks in the foundation, as well as sealing problems with door and window frames throughout the home.
Drywall Damage and Mold. The waterlogged drywall can become weak and begin to fall apart, but that is not the only issue. Drywall can allow mold to grow underneath it, infiltrating the structure of the home and requiring replacement of any ceilings or walls that were affected.
Insulation Saturation. While certain types of insulation do not absorb moisture, most types can easily become soaked through and require replacement due to the high rate of mold growth they can cause.
Temporary Frame Swelling. The good news about a house’s frame is that it is typically constructed of solid lumber, meaning any swelling will be temporary. While mold precautions should certainly be taken to prevent an outbreak, most frames will remain structurally sound after a flood.
Appliance Ruining. Ovens and refrigerators contain insulation and almost always require replacement following a flood. That being said, other types may be able to be salvaged, but they must be inspected by an expert to be certified as safe before using.
Furniture Damage. Upholstered furniture can absorb a surprising amount of water, making it susceptible to water damage and mold growth. Furniture made of wood, glass pieces, and other miscellaneous materials should be cleaned thoroughly but should be OK for use.
If your home has been affected by a flood, we’ll be here to help you! Give us a call 24⁄7 to learn about our certified flood restoration process.GET HELP
24 HOUR SERVICE(281) 412-6211
Sound the Alarms
Practicing the prevention of fires, and keeping batteries in your alarm is important, however, if you do experience a loss contact SERVPRO.
Have you tested your fire alarms lately? According to the Red Cross, you could have as few as only TWO MINUTES to escape safely from your house after a fire begins.
This is why testing your fire alarms should be a part of your home maintenance routine! These alarms in your home make sure that you get alerted as soon as possible that a fire has started.
The next item on the list is having a planned fire escape route. BUT, having it isn't enough- you need to have practiced this route with your family ahead of time. Check out this free worksheet from the Red Cross to help you as you plan for your home!
Two minutes is quick, but disaster strikes in the blink of an eye. Make sure that your family and your home are ready. Once your family is safe, you can call in the professionals to handle your home.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is locally owned and operated, so we’re already close by and ready to respond immediately when you need us. We make disaster "Like it never even happened." Give us a call today!
Office (281) 412-6211
Kimberly Robb (281) 520-8197
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is committed to providing the best services to homeowners and business owners in Houston.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help Call Today - (281) 412-6211 or Kimberly Robb at (281) 520-8197
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration-in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?