Happy Independence Day From SERVPRO!
Happy 4th of July! We know summer is filled with backyard barbecues, parades, and fireworks displays, but did you know that more fires are reported on the 4th of July than any other day of the year?
Each year, fireworks cause on average 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires and nearly 17,000 other fires, including grass fires, explosions, and even people have been engulfed in flames during a seemingly innocent childhood tradition.
Before preparing your personal fireworks display, check which fireworks are legal in your area and that there is no burn-ban in affect.
Below is a list of fireworks that may be legal for purchase in your area:
- Bottle Rockets
- Firecrackers (Fireworks designed to explode on the ground.)
- Roman Candles
Fireworks Safety Tips
SERVPRO is on call 24/7 for emergency fire damages, but of course, we would rather you avoid the fire hazard all together for your safety and those around you! Check out what the pro’s have to say about using fireworks safely:
- NEVER use fireworks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not allow young children to handle fireworks. Have an adult supervise them closely and light the fireworks for them.
- NEVER light fireworks indoors, not even sparklers! People often do not realize that common sparklers burn around 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Do not try to re-light or handle fireworks that did not ignite properly. It may seem like a “dud”, but the malfunction could cause an explosion you are not prepared for.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that have malfunctioned or have been used before discarding them in a trashcan.
- When lighting a firework, do not place your head or body over the projectile.
Suffer a Fire Damage?
SERVPRO offers 24 hours service for any emergency. Give a member of our friendly office staff a call and schedule a time for an initial inspection. In the mean time, check out our online guide on what you should do until help arrives!
For more information on SERVPRO Fire Damage Repair and Restoration services, click here.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July from SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno!
To speak with a job coordinator about making an appointment, call the office at 281-412-6211.
Or visit our website: www.SERVPROfriendswoodpearland.com