Emergency Water Damage Tips
Having any loss is devastating and responding when you’re in a state of panic is not always easy. When you have a water loss there are some steps you can take to prevent further and secondary damage. Here are some emergency water damage tips that the experts here at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland have gathered that can help you take action immediately after a water loss while you wait for our emergency response team to arrive:
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpeting.
- Most importantly, call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland at (281) 412-6211.