How is Fire Damage to a Home Repaired?
There are five different services involved when a home or business is damaged by fire. Our technicians are specially trained to handle this complex process that aims to get you back in your property as soon as possible.
- Mitigation – We’ll secure your property to prevent further damage. Any openings to the home will be boarded up, bulk debris removed, and corrosion mitigation begun in order to increase the likelihood of restoration of sensitive surfaces. If water damage from firefighting efforts has occurred, we’ll work to remove water and begin the drying process.
- Structural Cleaning and Damaged Material Removal – Non-salvageable surfaces and materials will be carefully removed and disposed. Smoke residues will be removed from salvageable walls, ceilings, and structural components of the property.
- Contents Cleaning – Your personal property will receive expert focus, with cleaning taking place right there or off-site, depending on the situation.
- Specialty Restoration Services – If there is anything that requires special attention (electronics, art, furniture refinishing), we’ll ensure a specialist is tasked to complete the work.
- Reconstruction – Sometimes, we have to build back areas that were too damaged to restore.