Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The restoration of your property following a biohazard event, or a crime needs experienced and empathetic professionals like those at SERVPRO® to safely clean them to our professional standards.
Challenging Cleanup Requires a ProfessionalIn the event that your property needs hazmat, trauma or crime scene cleanup, SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Fresno, & Stafford/Missouri City North can help you. This type of situation requires competence, experience and respect for all involved. Our skilled professionals will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances. Once the police have completed their investigation of a crime scene, cleanup and restoration can begin. This involves an assessment of your property to determine the proper equipment and cleaning products needed.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (281) 412-6211
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Friendswood / Pearland has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Brookside Village
- Missouri City