SERVPRO-A ONE STOP SHOP!
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is here to help with all types of disasters.
The SERVPRO team can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time.
SERVPRO can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Pack Out
- Portable Power
- Roof Tarp
- Temporary Warehouse Space
- Tile Floor Repair
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is here to help with all types of disasters. If it happens to your home or business, we are Here to Help!
Call today with any questions! (281) 412-6211
Hidden Spots for Household Water Damage
Because water damage can become worse if left untreated, hidden water damage is especially insidious.
It’s common to associate water damage with flooding, but there are many other surprising reasons water damage can occur in a home—quite a few of which can occur in hidden locations.
Because water damage can become worse if left untreated, hidden water damage is especially insidious. Many homeowners’ policies do not provide coverage for water damage; when they do, a typical claim will be in the range of $7,000.
Knowing the surprising spots where water damage may be found and checking them regularly can go a long way in preventing complications.
Surprising Spots for Household Water Damage
- Inside cabinets: When sink pipes are inside cabinets, it’s easy for leaks to go unnoticed. Regularly check the piping to make sure you catch leaks before they cause damage.
- Near bathtub casings: The casing of the bathtub or shower is sealed with caulk around the edges, providing a barrier against leaks. However, if these have not been recaulked in a while, they can begin to falter.
- On structural elements: Drywall hides the structural elements of the home, but it can also hide water damage. Though ripping out drywall can be a chore, if there has been a busted pipe or a flood recently, it is wise to check behind it.
- Around seals in the roof: The vents of roofs are sealed to prevent water from entering, but the seals deteriorate over time. Check the roof at the start of spring and fall for signs of water.
- Within an HVAC unit: As the HVAC unit pulls moisture from the air, it typically drains it away. However, if there is an issue with any of the drain lines, this condensation can build up within the unit instead.
- Behind appliances: Appliances are rarely moved unless they are being replaced but washing machines and dishwashers can also hide water leaks. Perform an inspection for any hidden damage every few months as a preventive measure.
- Around exterior faucets: Because outside faucets are connected within the walls of the house, leaks can easily hide. If the faucet is turned off and you still hear sounds of running water, there might be a hidden leak.
If you find water damage in your home or office, give us a call right away, and we’ll be there quickly.
Water Damage In Your Property
Our office is always ready to respond to your call.
Water or Flood Damage?
Call today - (281) 412-6211!
Faster to Any Size Water Emergency
Water is invasive, quickly spreading throughout your business or industrial property. Water can be absorbed into your floors, walls, furniture, and documents. SERVPRO's certified technicians arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost always immediately. Residents and business owners can expect us to respond immediately to your water emergency.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- The paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Call SERVPRO ASAP
Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Fresno, & Stafford/Missouri City North when your property has been left partially submerged. Our technicians specialize in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential properties after a fire, smoke, or water damage event. Click here to see what our customers have to say about us. Our office is always ready to respond to your call.
Water or Flood Damage?
Call today - (281) 412-6211!
Water Damage in Houston and Surrounding Areas
Water damage due to a tub overflow from the 2nd level that affected 3 levels of the home
Thunderstorms occur more in the summer, and the likelihood of a water loss in your home or property increases. If you experience any water damage, we will help you understand the severity of the damage. So, you’re able to make the best decisions for the restoration of your home. SERVPRO uses the most advanced equipment to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water.
What to Expect
When you call, a customer care specialist will ask questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions are needed to understand your needs, including how many trained professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Specialist will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage?
- Is there electricity and running water available?
Tips: Making a Fire Claim
No damage remediation should begin until the entire area has been photographed and documented. Call Us!
A fire in your home or office can leave you with a million thoughts running through your mind. The fire restoration process is fairly straightforward, but you want to make sure to do everything in the right order so that you get the most money you can when you file your insurance claim. Here are some tips for how to handle the process well.
- Make Your Calls
One of the first things you should do is make the right calls. The company that carries your fire insurance needs to know about the damage to your property, as quickly as possible. It is also advisable to call a fire remediation specialist, like SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Fresno, & Stafford/Missouri City North. The sooner they can arrive on the scene, the better, particularly if you need emergency cleanup to prevent secondary damage. They can also help you itemize costs, which may be helpful when filing your claim.
- Secure Your Home
The insurance adjuster will likely check to make sure you have taken the correct measures to protect your property from further damage. The more damage it sustains, the more it costs to fix it. If you do not board up windows and doors, or if you leave holes in your roof or skylights open, the insurance company may not cover part of the damages as this looks like neglect of the property.
- Leave Damage Alone
It may seem counterintuitive to delay the beginning of the fire restoration process until professional help arrives, but that's exactly what you need to do. Any smoke cleaning you do may cause more damage. If it doesn't, it can still hurt your chances of getting a full settlement, because the insurance company is not going to pay for damage the adjuster doesn't see. No damage remediation should begin until the entire area has been photographed and documented.
A large part of filing a claim is knowing how to prove the damage. By following these three tips, you can increase the likelihood of getting a settlement with your insurance company that covers most, if not all, of the fire restoration services you require.
How is Fire Damage to a Home Repaired?
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (281) 412-6211
There are five different services involved when a home or business is damaged by fire. Our technicians are specially trained to handle this complex process that aims to get you back in your property as soon as possible.
- Mitigation – We’ll secure your property to prevent further damage. Any openings to the home will be boarded up, bulk debris removed, and corrosion mitigation begun in order to increase the likelihood of restoration of sensitive surfaces. If water damage from firefighting efforts has occurred, we’ll work to remove water and begin the drying process.
- Structural Cleaning and Damaged Material Removal – Non-salvageable surfaces and materials will be carefully removed and disposed. Smoke residues will be removed from salvageable walls, ceilings, and structural components of the property.
- Contents Cleaning – Your personal property will receive expert focus, with cleaning taking place right there or off-site, depending on the situation.
- Specialty Restoration Services – If there is anything that requires special attention (electronics, art, furniture refinishing), we’ll ensure a specialist is tasked to complete the work.
- Reconstruction – Sometimes, we have to build back areas that were too damaged to restore.
Have Questions? Call Us Today –
Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno
Fire Damage Restoration including Smoke and Soot Cleanup Friendswood, TX (SERVPROfriendswoodpearland.com)
Learn more about our Commercial Cleaning Service.
When daily life starts to take a toll on your home, SERVPRO’s residential or commercial cleaning services can give it a deeper cleaning than a basic cleaning service can give.
When the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial Building Restoration Services
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno responds quickly to your fire, water, or mold damage emergency, 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building or a big box store, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation. Our national network of 2000 Franchises gives us access to personnel and resources to respond to any size restoration emergency. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Related Commercial Services
What to do Before, During, and After a Power Outage
Stay safe this season by following these tips to know what to do before, during, and after a power outage!
Ready, a national public service advertising campaign, gives us these tips to follow before, during, and after a power outage.
- Build or restock your emergency preparedness kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, and first aid supplies.
- Make sure you have alternate charging methods for your phone or any device that requires power.
- Charge cell phones and any battery powered devices
- Know where the manual release lever of your electric garage door opener is located and how to operate it.
- Purchase ice or freeze water-filled plastic containers to help keep food cold during a temporary power outage.
- Keep your car’s gas tank full. Gas stations rely on electricity to power their pumps. If you use your car to re-charge devices, do NOT keep the car running in a garage, partially enclosed space, or close to a home, this can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Learn about the emergency plans that have been established in your area by visiting your states or local website so you can locate the closest cooling and warming shelters.
- If you rely on anything that is battery-operated or power dependent like a medical device, determine a back-up plan.
- Only use flashlights for emergency lighting, candles can cause fires.
- Keep refrigerator and freezer doors closed. Most food requiring refrigeration can be kept safely in a closed refrigerator for several hours. An unopened refrigerator will keep food cold for about 4 hours. A full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours.
- Put on layers of warm clothing if it is cold outside. Never burn charcoal for heating or cooking indoors. Never use your oven as a source of heat. If the power may be out for a prolonged period, plan to go to another location that has heat to keep warm.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances and other equipment in case of a momentary power “surge” that can damage computers and other devices. Consider adding surge protectors.
- If you are considering purchasing a generator for you home, consult an electrician or engineer before purchasing and installing.
- Only use generators away from your home and NEVER run a generator inside a home or garage or connect it to your home’s electrical system.
- Throw away any food that has been exposed to temperatures 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours or more or that has an unusual odor, color, or texture. When in doubt, throw it out!
- If food in the freezer is colder than 40 degree Fahrenheit and has ice crystals on it, you can refreeze it
- Contact your doctor if you’re concerned about medications having spoiled.
- Restock your emergency kit with fresh batteries, canned foods, and other supplies.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno's main priority this season is safety. For any water or fire damage needs, feel free to call us at (281) 412-6211.
When Storms or Floods hit, SERVPRO is Ready!
Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno is faster to any size disaster and specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno professionals specialize in water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive water damage restoration training with an emphasis on monitoring and documenting the drying process until completion.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Houston, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (281) 412-6211.
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO responds immediately and uses advanced equipment
When preparing for hurricanes, having supplies to make it through the hurricane isn’t enough. Ensure you have supplies for the recovery period, which could be very long depending on the damage. For more tips on hurricane prep, visit http://bddy.me/******.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.