Were Your Contents Damaged During Water Damage?
Water damage accumulates quickly and can be detrimental. Contact SERVPRO today for remediation assistance.
Save Your Data From Water Damage With The Assistance of SERVPRO!
In the digital age, your personal data is more important than ever, however, it is also extremely fragile. Water damage can corrupt the data stored on your precious electronics and electronic media. Your paper files, too, are at risk of being completely destroyed by water. Books and documents can be rendered unreadable if left in water for too long. If you have electronics and documents at risk of being lost, then call the professionals at SERVPRO to get on the path to data preservation.
Whether it is paper, electronics, or electronic media, we are experienced in a variety of techniques for saving your property. However, not all types of media were created equal, and some are more difficult than others to save. Paper documents and books are often the most difficult type of media to preserve in the case of water damage. They must be completely frozen and dried through sublimation, where the water affecting the paper is turned from ice into gas.
It should be noted that non-SERVPRO specialty electronics cleaning/repairs services will likely be needed in addition to the services SERVPRO can provide.
We know that your data is important. If your personal data is at risk of being ruined by water damage, then call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland at (281) 412-6211 or contact Kimberly Robb for immediate service, (281) 520-8197.
Smell Something Funny? It Might Be Water Damage
No one wants to find water damages in their home.
Do You Know How To Spot Water Damage in Your Home?
Do you know when to be worried about a funny smell? Most new homeowners are not water damage specialists, but the human nose is an excellent tool for sniffing out trouble. Your nose is not the only way to spot water damage in your new home. SERVPRO technicians are IICRC certified and can help handle any moisture problems you may discover after moving in.
The sooner you notice a problem, the sooner you can call us to help mitigate ongoing damages.
What should you keep an eye out for when you do your cleaning? Start at the top. When looking for roof damages, obvious water stains aren't the only problem. Swollen insulation is usually an indication of water retention. Check your flashing (where the roof meets the walls) for cracks and look for missing shingles as well as more obvious signs like holes. Look at door frames and molding. Unusual stains or dark spots on the walls can mean trouble.
Inside, make sure you check your appliances after you move in to be certain they are not leaking where you cannot see easily behind them. Cracked hoses and loose connections can be tricky. Ripples, buckling, and changes in texture can tell you the flooring has a water problem. Remember to trust your nose. If it smells wrong, it probably is.
Outside water damages and mold are often caused by improper drainage. Check your spouts to see that they are clear and make sure you do not have water pooling around the foundation of your new home. At the first sign of damage, you can call SERVPRO.
No one wants to find water damages in their home. If you do, SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is available at (281) 412-6211,24 hours a day. We can make things “Like it never even happened,” so you can relax in your house.
Water Damage and Mold Infestation
The Real Truth Behind Water Damage Remediation Success
Contact SERVPRO to remediate water damage and to possibly help prevent mold.
Mold is always a concern whenever there is damage from water leaks or floods. Within 48 hours, mold can begin to grow and cause health effects. There are mold spores everywhere in low concentrations. However, warmth and moisture are perfect breeding grounds for mold.
SERVPRO provides water damage services along with mold remediation and prevention. We respond immediately to your call and formulate a plan to manage the water damage recovery and restoration. We understand that standing water should be removed immediately and drying activities implemented to prevent mold growth.
The crew chief can assess the water damage and deploy pumps, air movers, and dehumidifiers to dry your home before mold can begin to establish colonies. Homeowners can also turn on their AC systems to help with the drying process unless there is extensive mold growth. SERVPRO can guide you in this process.
Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland at (281) 412-6211 for 24/7 service. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Water Damage – Overflowing Toilet
Overflowing appliances can cause serious water damage if left unattended. Contact the remediation specialists at SERVPRO today.
When toilets leak, the leak may not be noticed until there is water everywhere. The first step is to always shut the water valve off located to the side or just behind the toilet. Once the water is turned off, the damage can at least be contained. Use towels or whatever you have to block the water from seeping behind the walls or out the doorway to other rooms.
Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland for help. We can respond quickly and contain the damage from your leaking toilet. Water leaks should be considered an emergency due to the potential of extensive damage to flooring and walls. Our technicians initially inspect the area to assess the type of water and the extent of the damage. A planned response includes:
- Mopping up any standing water that may have leaked onto the floor.
- Verify the location of the leak and make necessary repairs before turning the valve on again
- SERVPRO technicians can sanitize the area if needed
- Remove excess water from carpeting and other porous surfaces
- Evaluate whether content such as carpeting can be dried and restored. If not, it must be removed and replaced. The decision depends on the porosity of the material and whether the material can be dried in place. For example, it may be difficult to dry porous materials sufficiently to avoid warping of hardwood or the growth of mold
Since this situation involves clean water, affected non porous flooring can be dried and surface cleaned. It is important to act quickly. Even clean water can degrade and become a source of bacteria and viruses if left untreated.
Our technicians can also restore your home to its original condition by replacing carpeting and flooring as needed. We also work closely with your insurance company to provide all of the appropriate information needed to administer your insurance claim.
We are strategically located to respond quickly to your flood damaging event. Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland at (281) 412-6211 for 24/7 service.
Hurricane Season is Here! Who Do You Call for Help?
Give me a call to schedule a Emergency Ready Profile for your building or commercial clients!
Who Do You Call for Help?
We are prepared and ready. In the event of anyone needing our help, please call Kimberly Robb at 281-520-8197 for immediate assistance or our office at 281-412-6211.
Be sure everyone in your office has my number saved in their phone!
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW!
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile, business interruption is minimized by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your customers' businesses.
Are You Ready?
The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans ON a disaster, but you can plan FOR it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. I can help you quickly get your property back in working order. Give me a call to schedule a ERP for your building or commercial clients! Thank you, Kimberly Robb
SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland SERVPRO® of South Pasadena Marketing & Sales Manager Sr. Commercial Project Manager Kimberly@SERVPROpearland.com Mobile – 281-520-8197
Tips to Help Students be Safe
Tips for going back to school this year.
We know that going back to school this year will look different and vary widely. Here are a few tips to help students be safe, if required to attend class in-person.
Are you interested in a free quote for our Commercial Services, or are you a Consumer who wants to learn more about the program? Call Kimberly today at 281-520-8197 or email at Kimberly@SERVPROpearland.com
Let Us Help You Get Back to Business
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing peace of mind & safety.
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Businesses in Houston are turning to SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland to clean their facilities. Our technicians are fully trained, certified, and insured to handle any disaster including pandemic disinfecting.
Call Kimberly today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation, 281-520-8197
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
REOPENING YOUR BUSINESS
Here to Help Disinfect
As businesses are preparing to reopen, it is important to correctly clean and disinfect. The type of needed disinfecting is a higher level than your day to day cleaning. Disinfecting is vital to protect your employees and clients. Though businesses are reopening, the threat of COVID-19 is still present and in order to reduce the risk of further spread is to take steps to disinfect your buildings. No building is too small or too large for these services. The experts at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland are trained to handle disasters. Our Large Loss team specializes in disasters such as the Coronavirus Pandemic. Our technicians are trained in Biohazard cleanup, Blood-born pathogen and virus trained, and IICRC certified. Additionally, our technicians are fully trained in proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
What our reopening cleaning includes
SERVPRO reopening cleaning and disinfecting includes a wide range of services dependent on your business needs. These services all include the use of EPA registered, Hospital Grade disinfectants approved for use in COVID-19 in both electrostatic fogging and spray and wiping. Carpet cleaning, and floor cleaning may be required or suggested as well, depending on the facility. Disinfecting of all touchable areas in your building will include but not be limited to: walls, doors, door handles, light switches, windows, tables, table tops, chairs, sinks, cabinets, filing cabinets, computer keyboards and mouse, phones, printers, lunch rooms, bathroom stalls and machinery. Our technicians follow all OSHA regulations, as well as guidance from the CDC.
What businesses we can help
SERVPRO technicians are capable of helping many different types of businesses with our services. We can effectively disinfect offices, salons, and small stores as well as large manufacturing facilities, warehouses, restaurants, and schools. All businesses in the state of Texas have at least these things in common: employees and being affected by COVID-19.
Preventative Vs. Reactive
Preventative disinfecting is a service made for businesses that have not experienced a positive or suspected COVID-19. Preventive cleaning still disinfects all touchable surfaces to treat any possible viruses that may be in your facility. Reactive cleaning on the other handle is just that, a disinfectant service after a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. This disinfecting is a higher level of disinfecting, requiring the use of several types of services. It is vital that if your business needs a reactive disinfectant cleaning to call us as soon as possible in order to correctly create a plan to reduce further contamination as well as spread of the virus.
Have Questions? Call Kimberly Today – (281) 520-8197.
Water Damage? What To Do Until Help Arrives.
When your commercial property suffers water damage, every second to recovery counts.
Commercial water damage can be especially devastating since more often than not, it affects more than just a single occupant of the building. It can lead to loss of income for businesses, and severe hardship for any employees if they cannot return to work for a period of time. For these reasons, and more, you need a clean-up and restoration company you can trust. SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland is that company!
There are actions you can take to lessen the damage until our team arrives, thus saving money and time.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CLEAN WATER
- Shut off the water source if possible, or contact a qualified party to stop the water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
WATER DAMAGE FROM CONTAMINATED WATER
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
If water damage of any nature threatens your business, count on the professionals at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland to restore your properties to pre-disaster condition. Commercial water damage can be reversed and we’ll have you back in business in a flash, "Like it never even happened."
Please call our office at 281-412-6211, or call Kimberly at 281-520-8197 any time of the day or night for assistance. We are proudly ranked as of one of the leading commercial restoration companies in the nation.
Got Mold? Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact Kimberly w/ SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland for mold remediation services, 281-520-8197.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 281-412-6211