Fast Response to Your Water Damage
Office Ceiling damage
Your disaster may not always be fire & water-related, but the Franchise Professionals at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland are still "here to help" when it comes to other situations. There are several services that you may never think of until a related disaster strikes your business including biohazard and crime scene cleanup. Equipped with the knowledge, experience, and training, SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland Franchise Professionals will start helping the moment you call us at (281) 412-6211. When disaster strikes, make sure you have experienced professionals on the line. No matter how big or small the loss is, your local SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland Franchise Professionals will be ready to help make your business property damage "Like it never ever happened." We are available day or night 365 days a year to help.
HVAC AND AIR DUCT CLEANING
HVAC AND AIR DUCT CLEANING
Your HVAC and Air Duct System will start to slowly collect dirt and debris, the cumulative effect of this over time can lead to considerable energy loss.
Health and energy efficiency is a major concern for many Houston property owners and managers. It is becoming increasingly important to clean and maintain your HVAC and Air Duct systems to avoid any negative impact it could have on the health and efficiency of your local Houston occupants.
As much as half of the energy used in your home or business goes to heating and cooling. Making smart decisions about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort.
Give SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland a call for a Free Assessment, we are Always Here to Help! (281) 412-6211.
Benefits of Professional Houston Fire Damage Cleanup
Benefits of Fire Restoration
The reasons why professional fire cleanup is the crucial focus on safety and thorough remediation in Houston as elsewhere. A seemingly minor fire quickly extinguished, might appear to need merely a slightly more intense than usual seasonal cleaning. Taking this perspective is risky, with the potential to expose your loved ones and the structure of your home to invisible yet severe progressive damage.
Significant Water Damage
Merely because it was introduced on purpose to mitigate fire damage in your home does not negate the hazards of water damage. Slips and falls, electrical shocks, and permanent harm to building materials are just some of the dangers of firefighting water incursion. Efficient water removal and structural drying are essential before or while soot and other debris is cleared. Our technicians hold multiple certifications from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and can move between tasks seamlessly.
Safety Concerns When Managing Toxic Residues
Regardless of the extent of the smoke and soot damage, cleaning is a hazardous endeavor. The chemicals, tar, and gasses produced by fire are toxic and abrasive. SERVPRO Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) are highly-trained in appropriate strategies that clean fire residues efficiently while avoiding smearing and further damage to surfaces by sharp-edged soot particles. We match the type of soot with appropriate cleaners, tools, and methods based on research and experience, not trial and error.
Specialized Professional Equipment
SERVPRO technicians don personal protective equipment (PPE) when evaluating and cleaning your home. We frequently contain the work area with heavy-duty plastic sheeting and by operating a negative pressure air scrubber. The pressure seals the partition and forces airborne contaminants through HEPA filters before exhausting outside.
The contents of your home suffer from smoke, smells, and soot, too. We offer a Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) to document any items we remove for assessment, cleaning, deodorization, and other restorative procedures at our production facility. Our talented Contents Processing Technicians (CPT) employ a broad range of strategies to save personal possessions you feared ruined beyond repair.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland offers victims of fire damage a comprehensive array of professional mitigation and remediation services. Partner up with our skilled and certified team by scheduling an assessment at (281) 412-6211.
Tips to Avoid Water Damage
Avoid coming to a Water Leak!
14,000 homeowners rush to deal with water leak emergencies every day- don't let it be you!
Follows these tips to avoid water damage in your house!
- Disconnect your water hose during a freeze. Standing water in a hose may freeze back into the pipe and create an ice block that may bust your pipes and create damage to walls and floors.
- Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks.
- Check your water pressure. If the pressure is too high, pipes and hoses may fail.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned out.
- Investigate leaks right away and fix immediately.
- Know the location of your water main. If you leave your house for an extended amount of time, shut it off to avoid leaks while you are gone.
- Monitor your water bill. Sometimes, the only way to realize you have a leak is by taking a good look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next without explanation then you may have a leak somewhere.
We here at SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland know that not every water damage can be prevented, so we’re here to help! If you have water damage in your home, please call us immediately at 281-412-6211 to minimize the damage to your home and belongings.
What Is Black Mold?
Keep the humidity out, to avoid mold grow.
Stachybotrys chartarum is the type of mold often called “black mold” or “toxic mold”. Sensational news reports warn about the dangers of black mold and these stories can be alarming and confusing. Any mold in your home should be treated with caution – stay out of affected areas and don’t touch or disturb the mold.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can produce allergens and irritants, you should contact a qualified mold remediation company regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold can exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect that you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland immediately.
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce toxins harmful to humans and pets.
Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
SERVPRO Will Be There In Your Time Of Need
SERVPRO values our customers.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland takes pride in being in business for over 20 years. Our crew and staff have received intense training to take care of your water mitigation needs. Each member of our crew has been IICRC trained and certified. They know what it takes to do a job right with exceptional customer service. From the moment you pick up the phone to call us, you will be guided through each step we take and will be here to answer any questions you may have along the way. We strive to make the process as stress-free as possible. From crystal clear communication with your adjuster to complete transparency with our customers. We love being a part of our community to help when disaster strikes.
Happy Independence Day From SERVPRO!
Happy 4th of July! We know summer is filled with backyard barbecues, parades, and fireworks displays, but did you know that more fires are reported on the 4th of July than any other day of the year?
Each year, fireworks cause on average 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires and nearly 17,000 other fires, including grass fires, explosions, and even people have been engulfed in flames during a seemingly innocent childhood tradition.
Before preparing your personal fireworks display, check which fireworks are legal in your area and that there is no burn-ban in affect.
Below is a list of fireworks that may be legal for purchase in your area:
- Bottle Rockets
- Firecrackers (Fireworks designed to explode on the ground.)
- Roman Candles
Fireworks Safety Tips
SERVPRO is on call 24/7 for emergency fire damages, but of course, we would rather you avoid the fire hazard all together for your safety and those around you! Check out what the pro’s have to say about using fireworks safely:
- NEVER use fireworks while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Do not allow young children to handle fireworks. Have an adult supervise them closely and light the fireworks for them.
- NEVER light fireworks indoors, not even sparklers! People often do not realize that common sparklers burn around 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Do not try to re-light or handle fireworks that did not ignite properly. It may seem like a “dud”, but the malfunction could cause an explosion you are not prepared for.
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that have malfunctioned or have been used before discarding them in a trashcan.
- When lighting a firework, do not place your head or body over the projectile.
Suffer a Fire Damage?
SERVPRO offers 24 hours service for any emergency. Give a member of our friendly office staff a call and schedule a time for an initial inspection. In the mean time, check out our online guide on what you should do until help arrives!
For more information on SERVPRO Fire Damage Repair and Restoration services, click here.
Have a happy and safe 4th of July from SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland!
To speak with a job coordinator about making an appointment, call the office at 281-412-6211.
Or visit our website: www.SERVPROfriendswoodpearland.com
Get ALARMED About Fire Safety
Something as simple as checking your smoke detector's batteries can help save you or the life of a loved one in the case of a fire.
You probably know what the smoke alarm in your home looks like. You should also (hopefully) know where it’s located. The big question you should ask yourself is, “Does it work?”. The Residential Fire Safety Institute shows that over 92% of dwellings in the US have smoke alarms. Which sounds like a great statistic, right? But it’s also estimate that one third of those smoke alarms do not work.
Smoke Alarm Maintenance
Smoke alarms are fairly low maintenance, however, they cannot simply be installed and forgotten. Here are some tips to keep your smoke alarm functioning properly:
- Replace smoke alarms every decade. After 10 years, smoke alarms have a 30% failure rate.
- Vacuum alarms once every 6 months to once a year. An alarm clogged with dust and debris can affect the alarms’ ability to function properly.
- Install both ionization and photoelectric alarms. The ionization detectors activate quicker for flare ups or flaming fires, while photoelectric detectors work better for slow, smoldering fires.
- Test your fire alarms once every 3 months.
Where Should Smoke Alarms Be Located?
Most homes have at least one smoke detector located in a common area of the dwelling, while business have many alarms spread throughout the building. Companies cover all areas of the business, especially when a surplus of electricity or a kitchen is used.
While most businesses have all aspects covered, does your home have the same protection? While the kitchen would normally be seen as the most common area a fire would spark, fires can start in many ways and if you don’t have multiple detectors throughout your home, you risk not being notified of the fire in time for a quick, safe escape.
To ensure you’ll be alarmed no matter where you or the fire are in the home, check out this list of areas you should consider placing a smoke alarm:
- Outside each bedroom area. This could be a hallway, or game room that contains the entrances to the bedrooms.
- In each bedroom. This ensures the occupant will be alerted if a fire were to start inside the room or outside of an entrance, such as a window or door.
- If your home is multi-level, place an alarm on each level of your home, including any basement or attic areas.
- Near the kitchen and utility room. These rooms commonly hold the most appliances and contain the greatest risk for a fire hazard. Try not to keep the smoke alarm too close to the kitchen to avoid the alarm going off each time you cook.
If your home or business has suffered from fire or smoke damage, click here to check out fire/smoke restoration services. Call a member of our helpful office staff at (281) 412-6211 for more information on our services or to schedule a consultation.
Is Your Business "Ready for Whatever Happens"?
Download the app! Your company's important information and contacts is at your finger tips at all times!
According to the latest research, as many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster. Of the businesses that survive, many of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy for peace of mind.
Are You Ready?
The best time to create a disaster plan is NOT while the disaster is happening, but rather well before it happens. Preparedness is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The big question for every business owner is “Are you ready for whatever happens?”
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
The SERVPRO® Emergency Ready Profile® is a start-up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By teaming up with SERVPRO® for your Emergency Ready Profile, your business can receive the benefit of over 45 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster.
You can get started building your SERVPRO® AEmergency Ready Profile® today! Below is a list of what SERVPRO® has to offer your business:
- A No Cost Assessment for Your Facility
- There is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value and peace of mind at no cost.
- A Concise Profile Document
- This contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- Only takes a little time to complete and will save you an immense amount of time if ever needed.
- This will minimize the amount of time your business is unable to operate by having a plan already in place.
- Establishes SERVPRO® as Your Personal Mitigation and Restoration Provider
- You have a company of professionals that are recognized in the industry at your side from the moment the disaster occurs to the minute your building is restored to “Like it never happened”.
- Identification of the Chain of Command
- This ensures your company leaders are the ones responsible for authorizing work to begin and the appropriate members of the staff are notified with the status of your restoration project.
- Provides Facility Details
- Lists shut-off valve/breaker locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
- Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it, and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are “Ready for whatever happens”.
Call SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland at (281) 412-6211 today get your SERVPRO® Emergency Ready Profile® started, or visit SERVPRO.com/ready.
High Quality Service for High Rise Building
The professionals at SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland are no strangers to working among the clouds. We have serviced many of the high rise buildings in Downtown Houston and the Galleria area. What a lot of people don’t realize is that when a water damage occurs, the water does not stop when it hits the wall. The water will continue to travel down the wall, affecting lower levels the longer the water sits. The damage will even continue to affect lower levels as it is being cleaned, which means the building must be repaired from top to bottom as bottom to top will not resolve any damages.
For a skyscraper with a busted pipe on the highest floor, that could be as many as 40 floors to dry, clean, and repair! That is definitely a job above your regular janitors pay grade.
Our most recent high rise was a 22-story building that became saturated by a busted pipe near the roof. Luckily for them SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland took on the task! After 2 days of cleaning and 3 days of drying, making a total of 5 days on the job - it was completed and restored to “Like it never happened”!
Do you have a multi-story building affected by water damage that you would like to leave in the hands of trained professionals?
Give SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland a call at 281-412-6211 and speak to a member of our helpful office staff!
For more information on our commercial building services, visit our website: SERVPROoffriendswoodpearland.com