Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno responds immediately and uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. They closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
Please follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Common Water Damage Scenarios
Water damage can have many sources, from loose appliance hoses to natural disasters. Regardless of the source, SERVPRO can handle any size disaster.
- Flooding and storm damage
- Leaking appliances, water heaters, plumbing, etc.
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- Flooded Basements
- Tornadoes and thunderstorms
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Sewage backups
- Flooding from firefighting efforts
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (281) 412-6211
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.