Commercial Water Damage: Prevention and Response
Severe floods, cold spells or internal plumbing failures can cause water damage that brings your business to a standstill. The impact is immediate on employees as well as the bottom line. There are Preventive Measures that mitigate the impact of these emergencies and Commercial Restoration Services to assist with the proper Response.
In the office environment, there are some things you can do to minimize the risk of damage due to water leaks.
- It is beneficial to educate your Office Managers on water damage preparedness.
- This means that your managers should know how to turn off the water, electric, and gas supply.
- They should know who to call in order to have these items completed.
- Keep basic tools in the office in the event of an emergency.
- Create and maintain a list of emergency contact phone numbers for all employees.
- Maintain contact information for your local fire and police numbers for medical emergencies.
Rapid response is critical to water damage in the office. The longer you wait to mitigate, mold can develop creating the need for commercial mold removal services.
The best immediate course of action is to:
- Call SERVPRO® of Friendswood/Pearland, Stafford, Missouri City North and Fresno to remediate the damage.
- Call a plumber to fix the source of the loss.
Of course, you can call your insurance first, but recall we are experts at the insurance side of damages and can help you get the best coverage.
We are the leaders of commercial water damage restoration. Contact us today to learn more!