Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
The Most Important Call
Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland
Dealing with Insurance companies can be scary. These are people who do nothing but take your money after all. It is okay. During an emergency, this is what they are here for. This is why you have been paying them for years. They are here to help you in your time of need. Calling them after an emergency is a must. Waiting or worse not calling at all is something you can't afford to do. Before an emergency happens, it is a good idea to have all the information in a place that’s readily available.
Things you need to know:
- Who is your Insurance Agent?
- What company do they work for?
- Keep a record of your claim number if you put in a claim
- Know your adjuster; you may even want to keep his phone number
- What is your deductible?
Reminder: It is your job to mitigate the damage. Meaning you must try and prevent further loss. For example, if you have water spraying from a pipe turn off the water and the electricity to affected rooms.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland will come out and inform you if putting in a claim is beneficial to your case. For a free estimate call us at 281-412-6211
Let SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland Clean and Disinfect your School of Viruses
The CDC has posted the information on the attached link regarding the seasonal influenza occurring at our schools recently. SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland can address this issue, as well as others, with the cleaning products we use. Our disinfectants are EPA, FDA and OSHA compliant, have a very low toxicity rating, and are effective against the most common disease and odor-causing organisms, including MRSA, HIV-1 (AIDS virus), Influenza A2, Avian Flu, VRE, TB, Herpes, and many others.
Differences between cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting kills germs on surfaces or objects. Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects to a safe level, as judged by public health standards or requirements. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland can address these issues in an educational environment, business environment, or any other setting where many are working in close contact with others. SERVPRO can clean and disinfect the surroundings to prevent the spread of these viruses.
Please call our office at (281)412-6211 to schedule an assessment of your situation.
SERVPRO professionals are uniquely qualified to help.
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland understands your situation. As an agent or adjuster, you have a responsibility to keep claims costs down while still providing the best services possible for your customers.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are uniquely qualified to help. Our results create a measurable difference, giving you many competitive advantages.
Emergency Response to Claims
Restoring property is the SERVPRO Franchise Professional's first priority. Your customer will appreciate the immediate response and you will know everything is being done to limit the damage.
Pretesting Reduces Claims Expense
Restoring property is less expensive than replacing property. Claims Professionals know the rule is, "Restore whenever possible, replace only when necessary." SERVPRO Franchise Professionals make sure pretesting is completed on every loss to determine restorability.
Claims Inventory Service
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can provide an itemized loss inventory. You will receive an Excel formatted report and pictures of important items.
Electronic Claims Information
Our Claims Information Center provides fast, accurate information you need to make sound decisions, including:
- A Complete Electronic Job File.
- First Notice of Loss.
- Detailed Estimate.
- Digital Loss Photos.
- Scanned Forms and Paperwork.
- All delivered by email or hard copy.
- Online Access to All Files.
- New Assignments.
- Pending Jobs.
- Completed Jobs.
- Informative Reports to Improve Results
- Performance Comparison to Industry Standard.
Effective Training Ensures Better Service
We are trained to IICRC standards in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration.
Superior, Time-Tested Training
Effective training is the best way to help ensure your customers receive the service they deserve. We are trained to IICRC standards in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration. In addition, continuing education classes are available to Franchise Professionals and Insurance Clients at our state of the art IICRC Approved Training Facility.
Vendor Qualification Compliance and Professionalism
If you call SERVPRO, we will use only qualified vendors to service your customer. That commitment resulted in:
- A National Call Center to achieve prompt handling of the claim.
- Implementation of best practices and job process programs.
- National Accounts qualification criteria and annual compliance checks.
- Crew and vehicle standards.
- Insurance requirements.
- File documentation requirements.
- Quality assurance program.
Serving Adjusters and Their Clients
A SERVPRO Professional's job is to reassure the customer, perform quality service and to report to you quickly. We know your job is to interpret the policy and adjust the claim... and not to deal with problems from vendors! Working together we strive to save you time so you can focus on priority files while having complete control of every loss you are assigned. The 24-hour emergency response, damage mitigation, loss assessment, and an electronic file are available to you within hours. SERVPRO Professionals’ documented, measured performance increases value to you and your shareholders, managers, and customers.
Hard-earned results have made SERVPRO leaders in the fire and water cleanup and restoration industry. The SERVPRO System is geared to achieve customer satisfaction and mitigation results, adding to your company’s competitive advantage.
Why SERVPRO is the Right Choice to Make
Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland today! 281-412-6211
All of our employees that enter your home are trained to safely clean and restore your home or business after it's faced a loss.
Below are the steps that we take for Cleaning and Restoring Your Home or Business in regards to a water loss:
- Identify the Source/ Type of Water
- Measure Temperature and Humidity for Drying Analysis
- Survey the Extent of Damage and Inspect the Premises for Hidden Moisture
- Perform Emergency Water Extraction
- Move and Block furniture and Contents
- Inspect Carpet Pad/Carpet and Provide Service
- Apply Necessary Treatments (Disinfectants/Deodorization)
- Utilize Advanced Drying and Monitoring Equipment
- Dispose of unsalvageable items
All of our technicians are IICRC certified and have extensive knowledge about our services and equipment. Call SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland today! 281-412-6211
Have our SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland professionals perform HEALTH AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY Services with our HVAC & AIR DUCT CLEANING Team.
HVAC and Air Duct System will start to slowly collect dirt and debris, the cumulative effect of this over time can lead to considerable energy loss.
Your HVAC and Air Duct System will start to slowly collect dirt and debris, the cumulative effect of this over time can lead to considerable energy loss.
Health and energy efficiency is a major concern for many Houston property owners and managers. It is becoming increasingly important to clean and maintain your HVAC and Air Duct systems to avoid any negative impact it could have on the health and efficiency of your local Houston occupants.
As much as half of the energy used in your home or business goes to heating and cooling. Making smart decisions about your heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can have a big effect on your utility bills — and your comfort.
BENEFITS OF OUR HEALTH & ENERGY EFFICIENCY SERVICES
- Restore peak energy efficiency & lower energy costs
- Eliminate allergens and odors
- Reduce the potential for mold growth
Through normal HVAC use dirt and debris will start to slowly collect on the surfaces of your HVAC components, these contaminants if not properly maintained can cause a degradation of the efficiency of the entire system. The cumulative effect of this over time can lead to considerable energy loss and can be a contributor to higher energy bills for your Houston home or business. In addition, allergy and asthma sufferers, young children, and other occupants with breathing difficulties are more susceptible to poor indoor air quality. We have been cleaning and servicing local Houston HVAC and Air Ducts for years keeping homes and business's air quality comfortable and efficient.
COMMON PROBLEM AREAS
These are common problem areas that contribute to restricted airflow, increased energy consumption, and reduced equipment longevity:
- Duct and System Leakage
- Closed, Clogged or Stuck Dampers
- Filtration Issues
- Excess or Damaged Ductwork
- Failed Duct Liner
- Clogged/Nonfunctioning Exhaust Systems
SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland professionals can perform an inspection to access your system and determine the depth of your problem and if your system could benefit from our cleaning and maintenance services. If moisture is present, the potential for mold growth is increased, sending spores into your working or living spaces, creating a much larger problem.
HVAC AND AIR DUCT CLEANING
Generally, refers to the cleaning of various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems, including the supply and return air ducts and registers, grilles and diffusers, heat exchangers, heating and cooling coils, condensate drain pans, fan motor and fan housing, and the air handling unit housing.
PARTS OF AN HVAC UNIT THAT CAN BENEFIT FROM ROUTINE MAINTENANCE:
- EVAPORATOR COIL: particle buildup can have an insulating effect on the surface of the coil, leading to longer cooling times and greater energy consumption.
- HEATING COIL: dust and dirt will accumulate and clog air passages this restricts air flow and the furnace must run longer to reach desired temperatures. If a coil is severely impacted by debris, it can cause the unit to malfunction.
- DAMPERS AND TURNING VANES: these elements ensure proper airflow throughout your system, particles or larger debris like insulation can obstruct or diminish airflow, leading to an overall degradation of the entire system.
- AIR REGISTERS: dust and debris can accumulate on the blades and seriously reduce air flow, negatively impacting overall energy performance and comfort levels in the space.
- FRESH AIR INTAKE SCREEN: these openings are integral to the quality of air inside your building, they quickly become clogged from environmental debris and buildup inhibits proper fresh air from entering the system.
- FAN AND BLOWERS: particle buildup can reduce the capacity of the blades to move adequate air causing the blower motor to run longer while pushing less air per rotation.
When HVAC systems are cleaned of dirt and debris, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the desired temperatures, air can flow more freely. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness, longer operating life, as well as health benefits and energy savings.
Our team of professionals can inspect your HVAC or air duct system and access your specific situation and work with you to provide a solution to keep your business air quality healthy and energy efficient. The exact solution for your property will depend on a few factors, including the size of your overall duct and vent system, how accessible your HVAC system is to our technicians, and the level of maintenance required.
Give SERVPRO of Friendswood/Pearland a call for a Free Assessment, we are Always Here to Help! (281) 412-6211.